Thursday, September 12, 2019

Hem of His Garment…


She gently held me still a moment,
knowing my need to listen so closely.
At first I’d thought no, but later I understood.
I had pushed too hard, misunderstanding.

Then I remembered Josh Garrels’ “Revelator.
And I understood her devotion’s great depth.
“If I could just touch the hem of His garment.”
spoken in earnest, knowing faith would answer.

Time for the teacher to listen to his student,
whose heart learned well, enough to face me
in clear depth of her love’s origin I knew not.
Though disappointed in dismay & disapproval,

Her heart had always been in the right place,
waiting her turn to sway mine unto her own.
An untold grace, unexpected, stood me still
before her, in tears, finally understanding.

Lesson well-taught, well-learned of her
bringing water of restoration and joy.
I befeel her heart lept beyond my own,
though I launched myself into the Universe

farther than any unto utter loneness.
In the deep quiet there, I reached out
and first found her with the same
love for truth and nothing less,

which sealed our friendship in faith
before Him in devotion of worship only
He could bring in revelation’s depth unto
two hearts so close, though so far between.

—RK
2:21amEDST (UT/GMT -4) 9/12/2019
     I’m glad I listened.
+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*