Tuesday, September 8, 2015

’Been here too long…



     “There must be somethin’ on your mind, somethin’ lost”
        for me to find…, settled in my chair before you now.

How could I be fakin’…, after all this time?
You never saw me. - But I see you now, in stark detail.
Lost and left behind…, do you know what I mean?
Blind in stark blackness you left behind then…,

how did you think I’d never see you…, here, now?
You fooled yourself…, misperceiving all things.
Please wake up, for now is your time…, your time,
yes…, your time to wake up. - Do you see…, now?

“Then she told me she had a gun…”
And she didn’t believe she’d miss me then.+
----------------------------------------------------------------
I’d been driven under far too long…,
…way too long. - I’m on my way now…

I know what’s next, beyond the mushroom clouds.
Join me now…, drop the gun…, step beside me.
It doesn’t matter what’s been before, between,
since then, since you made me your target.

I’m no ones target, never have been,
just one pointing, always pointing the right way,
the right way I found oh so long ago now.
Follow me, but go within first. - For from there…,

from there you’ll find all things…, nothing less,
yes, all things beyond this place in desolation,
mankind in chaos of hate & war, detroying each other
and the very earth beneath their feet…, oblivious.

“[… She never] told me she had a gun…,” one her mother’d used.
I was unseeing before her…, tall, her eyes glazed over.
Found I was fighting demons, her own she’d succumbed to,
in rebellion, rejecting tender sorrows…, also her own.

Oblivion all she could cultivate, sown in deception,
in rebellion, her own, never mine nor ours…, hers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to have lost her, lost to her own exalted will,
against all, even the children she loved and cherished.

There was nothing I could do, though I loved her so…,
yes…, I loved her so, loved her so…, loved her so…,
all now so far away and lost behind, nothing gathered,
all lost between us, something she never gave,

though I gave all I had on tender shore of matrimony.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In sorrow now, I regret I never saw her darkness,
the dark gun she could never use against anyone,
only herself, the target her mother always intended…

--RK, 12:15amEDST, 9/8/2015
     [Driven Under by Seether - Puer Reason Band (Post Grunge, Alternative Metal)]+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*