Thursday, April 9, 2015

Set me free…



     “Don’t believe desire, destiny of a lie.”

I watch it over and over and over again, and…,
damn, she’s so right I can’t argue. - Forget it!
The setting of the video: a church ready for renovation.
Probably the most perfect video/song combo in history.

“Don’t believe desire, destiny of a lie,” so, so true.
Notice the band members’ faces’ intensity & focus.
They know what’s going on, with no doubt whatsoever.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakin’ it down, frame by frame, lyric by lyric,

I’ve found nothing as intense as this for message.
So, what’s the message, desire? - No, it’s a lie.
So how’s that!? - Easy, consider your experience.
Has it really been all that deeply fulfilling?

Good question. - Procreation appropriate, sure, but…
…does it go anywhere beyond that? - *shaking head*
Listen to it again, and again, taking mental/emotional notes,
and look at her issue with new eyes you’ve not seen through,

not before, not before now. - Lacuna Coil has helped me so…,
so much, I can’t tell you. - And this is just one of their songs!
So please, please, “Set me free, set me free with your love.”
“Your heaven’s a lie.” - You’ve never seen the real one.

And I can’t truly say now that I didn’t, back in 1971…,
but I can say, “The world doesn’t have a clue…” - *selah*+

--RK, 11:24pm, 4/8/2015
     “Enjoy the Silence.”+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*